Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Welcome to Preschool!

     This morning, I left the TC at 10 o'clock, taking Micah with me. We stopped by Bethesda Thrift Shop, another church-run thrift store in Madison, and there they let us pick through their toys and children's books to take what we wanted. Micah was pretty excited at some of our finds! I love shopping for free! ;) The manager there told me to come back any time I need more things!
     So then we went to the GMC, where the preschool is being held. At 12:45, the other kids arrived! I have seven children in total, six boys and one girl. That means there is a lot of energy in one small room! Today we just played and got to know each other a bit. Even though all but one of the kids are YWAM kids (weeWAMers), there are seventy people on staff with YWAM Madison, so they don't all know each other well.
     It was cute, when I introduced myself, I said my name was Katie. Micah then piped up "But I call her T. She's really T-Teacher [his thing is he calls people blank-friend. So I was always T-friend until I became his teacher], but I just call her T. You can call her T, too if you want!"
     So cute. I'm so glad that Micah is going to preschool. His parents were the leaders of my DTS, so I really got to know him last year. I was one of the few who he chose as a friend. It is really awesome that he is able to attend preschool. because he has always been very anti-school. He never liked the idea, but with this -part time and with his friend as a teacher- he is super excited and eager.
     So I thought I would just show a few pictures of our first day! Also the before and after pictures of the room :)


Just another dorm room: What it looked like what I got it

 Painting- a big thanks to Kenzie and Bri for all their work helping, and not just with painting!

 After: The classroom all painted and set up! It cost a total for $9!

 Toys and the book corner

 Micah and "T". Someone (and not Micah's parents) insisted that we have a first-day-of-school picture
 


 Abbie insisted that I have my own first-day-of-school picture...


Bri helped me out today, and she took this picture while one of YWAM Madison's staff, Lucy, did music with the kids. She is going to do that every Tuesday, which is awesome!
     So there you have it! Sorry for so many pictures... but I couldn't get rid of any! :P
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment