Tuesday, September 8, 2015

One Week

     Today the summer DTS left for their outreach, which means that I got my preschool room! It is going to be held in their former dorm room, so I've just been waiting for them to leave in order to start with the room prep.
     And one week from today, the preschool is set to begin. Freaky!
     Last night, I went with two of my friends to a church in downtown Madison. On the first Monday of every month, they host a dinner for the homeless. This dinner is restaurant style. Last year, on the Stateside portion of my DTS, my group went and helped out serving the dinner. When I got back here, I was talking about it with these other two, and we all really wanted to go back and help out again. Basically, as the men and women enter, they pick a seat at a table. We then serve them a warm dinner, with dessert, and they can choose from a couple options of drinks.
     I really enjoy doing this ministry, and I hope that I will be able to continue to do so during my time here in Madison. Last night we ended up praying for one man, who opened up about the hardships he is facing right now. It is an amazing way to connect with these people who society disregards and discards. Its a way to show them their value, and to be God's hands and feet.
     Now, I am sitting in the preschool room, figuring out what I all need to do in order to have it up and running by next Tuesday. Tomorrow it will get painted, and all the old furniture will move out. Please pray that the supplies -toys, furniture, and so on- will come in, because currently I have some books, a couple games, and that is about it! I am in contact with a church's thrift store, and they are keeping their eyes out for the toys I need, but so far they haven't found anything. Since I am on a limited budget, I'm really praying and trusting that God will provide what I need. So if you'd join me in that prayer, that'd be awesome :)
     I can't believe preschool starts in one week. I was talking to Micah, one of the boys who will be attending, and he said "You're going to be a crazy teacher!"
     Don't we all know it :)
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment