Saturday, September 5, 2015

Moving

     Last night, I moved out of the GMC (Global Missions Center) and back to the TC (Training Center), which is where I lived last year during my DTS. I was originally going to be living at the GMC during my entire time in Madison, since that is where the preschool will be run, but in the end, I moved out here to be support staff for the fall DTS on my days off from preschool. The students arrive in 15 days!
     However, last night, only three of us moved out here. The rest will move on Sunday night and Monday. Kayla, Abbie, and I moved out last night because the Phos House (our student house for university students) is having a retreat here for the weekend, and they needed people to cook for them.
     So on Friday, Kayla, Abbie, and I went grocery shopping. Two hours and $300 plus later, we had all the food we needed to cook for 25 people this weekend. The retreat folks arrived late this morning, and the three of us cooked up some pretty delicious tacos! Next we are going to be making curry chicken wraps.
     So if anyone wants to send me mail, I now have two addresses that you can send to. I'll be living at the TC, and the address is N1707 County Rd. N, Columbus, WI, USA, 53925. Or I can receive mail at the GMC: 4802 Dakota Dr., Madison, WI, USA, 53704
     Here are a few pictures of our cooking adventures!



     Blessings,
          Katie

My two Wisconsin homes!

The TC

The GMC

No comments:

Post a Comment