Monday, September 21, 2015

Go Time!

     This past weekend has been a bit crazy and overwhelming for me. As I said before, the preschool is held at the GMC in town, and only runs three days a week. So I am living out in the cornfields where I lived last year, at the TC, and supporting the new Discipleship Training School (DTS).
     Well, this weekend was the start of this new DTS! The first student and his wife and three week old baby (I know!!!! :D) moved in on Friday night. A few more came on Saturday, and then on Sunday the rest arrived. We have thirty more people living in our building, which for an introvert like me is slightly overwhelming! I picked up one girl at the bus stop on Saturday, but other than that, I stuck around the TC all weekend so that I wouldn't come back to masses of people. Still, by five o'clock on Sunday I was exhausted by the sheer number of people. I was greeting students as they arrived and giving them tours, and while it was great being able to meet the students one-on-one and talk to them a bit, it was definitely tiring! So I went to my room at five and hibernated until dinner. And then I realized what a bad idea that was, because I walked into a room of forty-five people, most of whom I had met but didn't really know. I wanted to run and hide, but I managed to stay!
     So today DTS began. Its still strange suddenly having so many people living at the TC, when I am used to only having us 16 staff, but I know that I will adjust- I did last year, after all! (though last year I came in with all the people so didn't know the building before it was full) It does make me miss the others from my DTS, though.
     I'm super excited for all these new students. Their world is about to get rocked and it is so exciting that I get the honour of walking along side them as they travel this journey with God! They seem like a really great and friendly bunch, and I'm looking forward to (one by one) getting to know them better.
     So that's where I'm at! A lot of new faces, entering my second week of preschool (and I have heard from several parents that their kids are loving it, so that's good!), and really just living to serve God during my days!
     If you could pray for me to really invest in these new DTS students and building relationships with them, even though I'm not there full time. And please continue to pray for the preschool and that the kids will really learn and grow in their relationship with God through it! Thanks, all!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment