Thursday, February 19, 2015

Where Did The Time Go?!

     Today we leave Mexico. I'm going to be trading tank tops, shorts, and flip flops for sweaters, pants, and boots. I'm going to be trading sunshine and warmth- which has resulted in a beautiful tan, I must add!- for snow and cold. I don't really know how it is already time to leave... Didn't we just arrive in Mexico?!
     But it will be good to be back in Madison, with the people who I've missed so much over the past 7 weeks (don't worry, I have missed y'all too, but I don't get to see you quite yet). I'm excited to hear their stories and just to see them again.
     Outreach was an amazing experience. Starting in Cancun, where we did a lot of skit and testimony evangelism. We went to a couple rehab centers and spent time at the Kingdom School in Cuna Maya. After our 3 weeks there with Tree of Life ministries, we went to Tijuana, where we built a small house, handed out food at a dump, and helped out with painting. Week 5 was spent an hour away in Carmen Serdan, at The Mission, a special needs orphanage. Those girls really worked their way into my heart quickly... I miss them! I miss their laughter and smiles. The sass of some of the speaking girls. I miss colouring with them and just hugging them.
     Anyway, after The Mission, we traveled for 35 hours -27 of those hours on one bus- to get here to Mazatlan, where we did evangelism at the annual Carnival. We saw numerous healings and salvations. I know I've said it a lot, but I'm going to continue saying it, because it is true: God is good.
     So after today, we will be in Madison for a bit, and then we will be travelling around the nearby states to talk at churches and schools about our time overseas. Our graduation is on March 14, and then DTS will be over. THIS time in Madison will be done. And then I will be headed home.
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment