Friday, February 27, 2015

Stateside

     Now that we are all back in Madison -and have been soon for a week now (has it really only been a week since we got back?!?!)- we have been preparing for the stateside portion of our outreach. During stateside, we travel to different churches and schools in America and present on our outreaches and just raise awareness about human trafficking and other injustices we have witnessed. We have been split into 5 new teams, with at least one person from each outreach team. So I am now separated from all my Mexico team. But I am on a pretty terrific stateside team! Kenzie, Britta, and Eth are our leaders (I'm so glad to be with Kenz! When they announced the teams we just grinned at each other) and the others on my team are Laura, Charity, Jordyn, Melree, Amanda Canada, and I. Yes, I am now on an all girls team. Its quite the change from team Mexico, but I will admit that it is nice to have girls around :)
     Our team is actually not travelling far for stateside- unlike some teams. One is going to West Virginia, and another to Nebraska. Our team, however, is staying here in Wisconsin as well as going to Illinois and Iowa. It is nice because other than two nights, we will get to just sleep here at the TC.
     So that's what is happening this coming week. This past week, we spent preparing for our stateside presentations. We were told to prepare at least one creative piece. And I am not very creative. I do not dance. I don't paint. I really had no idea what to do. But I felt like I had to do something with worship, because for me personally, worship was a big thing on outreach. Id spend a good amount of time playing guitar and singing to God by myself. But I don't do that in front of people! However, I felt like God wanted me to take a step out of my comfort zone and sing in public (its different from worship team because on worship team, there are always at least 2 others singing plus the congregation). So Kenzie learned how to play a song called Make Us Ready on the guitar. This is a song that my team learned in Cancun, and we sang it a lot on the rest of outreach. Just about being a light and being prepared for what God has for us and for when He comes again. Anyway, the chords are not ones that I know, so I cant play it myself. But I am singing the song, maybe with Kenzie but she has a hard time singing while playing since they are harder chords.
     I'm super excited, though, about some of the other presentations on my team. Its going to be super powerful! I hopefully will have a video copy of most of the presentations, so that'll be awesome!
     In two weeks, it will be March 13. The next day will be DTS graduation day. And then it is over. This whole crazy adventure will be finished. That's crazy! How did that happen?! Where did the time go?!
     Then I come home. For now. But Madison, I'll be back :)
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment