Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hodgepodge

     This past week, we learned about relationships. We combined class with the GMC, so each day, we had to drive the 1/2 hour or so there for class. It will definitely be good to be able to stay at home this week instead of having to do so much travelling!
     On Tuesday evening, we went straight from Camp Tuesday to City Church, where we gobbled down some pizza in the parking lot before heading inside for a prayer evening. The people there wanted to pray for our outreach teams, sending us out, and so this was the time that they did that. It was really good. First we worshipped, and then they prayed over us.
     Other than that, it was a pretty normal week. Yesterday morning, Kenzie suggested that we go do something fun, so the two of us went on a date to the pet store :P After, almost everyone asked us why we would go there. But for us, it was never a question- why wouldn't we want to go to the pet store?! We spent 3 hours there. Just look at this cuteness!

     

     So cute :) After the pet store, we grabbed a bite to eat before going to the book store for... well, 2 hours. And then we went to a storage unit for another almost 2 hours! When Kenzie and I do something together, time somehow flies by so fast and we end up there for a long time!
     Anyway, so I think I mentioned how much I enjoy going down to the basement and sitting on the dryer for some alone/God time. Well, everyone else has also discovered the place, and so there is basically always someone there. So I had to find a new place to go: the pantry. I honestly go there almost every day with a guitar and my Bible and I just play and sing and spend time with Jesus. It is so great! I love it! I will be doing that and suddenly it has been an hour to two. Its crazy! I have some really good times with God in the pantry :) And with Rudolph, the mouse. But they are trying to kill him... poor little Rudolph! He was so cute...
     Seriously though, I love spending time just playing and singing for God :)
     In my one on one this week, Keisha and I were talking about obedience to God. I was talking about a few times recently when I have heard God tell me to do something, and I obeyed, and what the results were. And that lead to this discussion- when you obey God, it always results in good. Even if it feels weird, or uncomfortable! Most of the time, I really don't want to do what He is telling me. But I choose to obey, and in the end, even though it may be weird or awkward and uncomfortable for me, it turns out good.
     This is our last weekend in Madison before going home for Christmas break. This is our last week of classes! Lecture phase of DTS is nearly over! Where did the time go?! Didn't we just all arrive here? Yet we are leaving for outreach in less than a month! We have a week of Christmas break, a week back here to prepare for outreach, and then, on January 3rd, all the teams head off for their outreach destinations!
     I'll see most of you soon!! :) Less than a week and I will be home, God willing!
     Blessings,
          Katie
 We always sing this song to Anna, and she always responds with "YES!" Sadly, we still have no snow, other than a few patches here and there. So she still has not built her snowman.

 I like to doodle on my notes during class. My way of doodling is mostly just words, since I can't draw (the snowman one is another of my class doodles). This is a word that God has been bringing up a lot to me during DTS. 

So some of you who I saw at Thanksgiving know this, but of our 3 toilets in the girls bathroom, one never flushes, so really we've only had 2 toilets for 35 girls. And one of those has been known to overflow a couple times... anyway, so this week, we got a new toilet! IT IS MARVELLOUS! We now have three toilets! :P Sorry, but we are all super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment