Thursday, May 6, 2021

Our Story Part Nine: It's Not Over

      So that's the story of how Raymond and I met, fell in love, and got married (all within a year and a half!). After the wedding and our honeymoon at a cottage, we spent a week in Ontario saying goodbye and finishing packing. We loaded most of my stuff on a truck, which would arrive in Alberta sometime in the next month, and finally, on Monday September 14, we loaded up my car and said goodbye to my family. And we started our long drive across the country.

    Which was actually a really nice drive! The halfway point between my parent's house and Raymond's house in Alberta was still in Ontario. It took us four days to do the drive, and on September 17 we pulled into our driveway here in Fort Saskatchewan.

     Getting married and moving across the country wasn't necessarily easy. I wasn't as homesick as I thought I would be, but it was still a lot of change. My parents were able to come visit in November, and we flew back to Ontario for a week at Christmastime. It was good.

     It wasn't until I found a job and started working, at a greenhouse here in Alberta, that I really struggled with the homesickness. I miss my old job so very, very much. It's been 2 months and I still do. It's getting better now, but for awhile there, every day I'd got to work and spend most of my day wanting to cry, wishing I was at MY greenhouse, not this one. It didn't help that my mom started working part time at my old greenhouse, and talked about it a lot. She didn't realize how painful it was for me to hear -it still is, and she still doesn't know.

     I miss Ontario. I miss my family, my friends, my church, my job. Yet I can't say I have any regrets, because I love Raymond. I don't regret marrying him, and if given the chance to re-live it, I'd make the same decisions. 

     So our story isn't over. It's really just begun. Raymond will be starting online classes in September, his first step into changing to a career in ministry. I'm going to love him and support him through it all, and we shall see where God leads us next.

     Blessings,

          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment