Monday, April 25, 2016

Where I Am Now

     I've been home for just over two weeks now, and I realized that I have not even updated this blog to let you all know that I am back in Canada safe and sound!
     It seems crazy that it has only been two weeks. Seriously. I feel like I have been home for forever. I feel like Madison was eons ago, yet at the same time, it feels like I just left (and really, I did). Kenzie and I were talking and saying how that first weeks just dragged on and on and on.
     While it is great being home, and seeing my family and friends here, I really really miss Madison. I miss my YWAM Madison community. I miss my roommate. I miss my children. I miss preschool. I miss America.
     My time is now occupied by working at the greenhouse. I work six days a week, which makes for a busy life, yet at the same time, I am still growing in my relationship with God. That won't ever stop! One thing I really love about working at the greenhouse is the conversations that I am able to have with people. Some of my good friends work with me, and I have had some really great conversations about God with them over these past few weeks. Since I'm so used to being in a Christian community, and talking about God, it is awesome to have these people who I can continue that with. :)
     So that's my next step- returning to the greenhouse, working there for the summer. I know what God has asked of me, and I know that it will take a lot of trust and constant communication with Him to do it, but if there is one thing that I have learned over my eight months on staff with YWAM Madison, it is that God is completely, utterly, and absolutely trustworthy, and He is always faithful.
     Tonight, during my quiet time, I pulled out a letter that I wrote at the beginning of my time on staff. I had forgotten about it until now, and so I read it and spent time with God, just reflecting over the seven months of preschool. A few of the questions I had written to ask God included "How were lives changed?", "How and where did I see God's faithfulness?", and "What have I learned in my time on staff with YWAM Madison, and through the preschool?"
     It was really great to reflect on these questions and see that God indeed answered them. The lives of those children were changed. MY life was changed. I saw God's faithfulness in SO many ways, just one being the provision for preschool and the continuation of it. And I learned to much about trusting God -this really was a whole season for that lesson!- not to mention I learned even more about His love for me, and His trust in ME (crazy thought!), and much, much, much more!
     So now here I am, away from all my life was for the past eight-nine months. I'm away from YWAM Madison, away from my seven wonderfully amazing preschoolers, away from my hilarious roommate (and one of my closest friends), away from all that. Yet God is still with me, and He is still teaching me things, and He is still showing Himself to be faithful, to be trustworthy, and to be good.
     I can't wait to take my next steps with God (no matter how scary they are!)
     Blessings,
          Katie

This. Just this. It's SO TRUE!!

One upside of starting work at 7am is that when I leave the house, the sun is just rising. And it is BEAUTIFUL!

My preschooler's parents went together and bought me a travel mug with pictures of my kids on it :) It came in the mail last week!

My last Madison sunset. I miss those :(

Oh Kenzie. She snuck a note into my bag when I left. So I got home and was unpacking when I found this envelop. I was like "Awwww Kenz is so sweet!" Then I opened it X) I MISS my dear, dear roomie! Thankfully we can -and definitely do- text! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment