Friday, April 8, 2016

Goodbye

     On September 15, 2015, I walked into the freshly prepared preschool room, nervous but (kind of) ready to greet the seven students I would be spending the next several months with. Over the time since then, I have had the honour of teaching these kids, praying with them, laughing with them, and getting to know each one. These seven kids are each so special and I know that God is going to take them to some amazing places as they continue their lives. I'm blessed to have spent the past several months with them, and I thank God for entrusting this job to me. I love them, and today I said goodbye to them as we had our final preschool class. I miss them already!
     On Wednesday, at staff meeting, the leaders prayed for me as I depart, but my kid's parents also surprised me with the CUTEST video of the kids, and they are giving me a travel mug with photos from our class on it. However, since I'm the one who has taken all the pictures, they decided to send PD's wife, Amy into our class yesterday so that we could get some photos with me in it. That made for the perfect opportunity for a class photo! It was the perfect day, since it was Judah's day to be there, and all the kids were there :) So these are my goofballs! I love them! I can't stand goodbyes, but today, I had to say so many, to some pretty precious people! :(
     Tomorrow, I pack up and then on Sunday, I head back home.
     Blessings,
          Katie

1 comment:

  1. you have changed them forever and they too have changed you.. goodbyes are hard.. :)

    ReplyDelete