Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I'm Back!

     Wow, it has been awhile! And now here I am, sitting in Cool Beans, drinking a Mocha Slide, while typing up a blog post... just like the old times, except today is Tuesday and not Wednesday, which was my normal Cool-Beans-and-blog day!
     Yes, I am back in Madison, but only for a visit. I arrived on Friday evening, and I will be heading home again on Sunday morning. I'm only here for just over a week, but it is so so so so so good to be 'home'. So good to see everyone again! Kenzie and I have been having quite a lot of fun, being reunited and sharing a room again! She had yet to remove my mattress from her bedroom, so that made for an easy set-up of my old spot on the floor! :)
     The weekend was filled with laughter and fun, and ice cream, of course. I plan on going to the new kindergarten someday this week, to see my old preschoolers. I got to see Micah on Saturday night, when I went over to his house to deliver a few Canadian treats for his parents -and he ended up tackling me for about half an hour. Just like the old times. It was great! I miss that kid so much! At one point, I ended up going downstairs to visit with my friends who live in the basement apartment, and Micah said "But, you're going to come back, right T? Come back before you leave!"
     Oh Micah James <3 He is going to be a big brother come December, and I am so excited! Even though I won't be here...
     Yesterday, Kenzie took the day off of work, so we went to the TC, the place where DTSes are run, to join the DTS for worship. I can't believe that this is the second fall DTS since my own! Crazy how fast time goes! It was amazing to be able to worship with a DTS again -those are always great times!- and after that, Kenz and I sat in on the first little bit of class.
     While sitting in that class, God really showed me how far I have come since the two years ago that I first stepped foot in YWAM Madison. I vividly remember back when I sat in that classroom as a student, soaking in the teachings. God has taught me so much in the past two years, and I have grown so much in my relationship with Him. Often, I don't feel like I have grown very much, like I don't really know much of anything about God. But during those fifteen minutes in class yesterday, God not only confirmed to me where He has asked me to be right now, but he also showed me that I have indeed grown so much! I still have so much to learn, but I'm definitely not in the same place that I was a couple years ago.
     Speaking of that, I have a totally awesome story of God's faithfulness to tell you, but I'll save that for another day :) Once it is official.
     So I guess that's it for now! I've gotta go enjoy Madison while I still can!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment