Saturday, March 14, 2015

This Is Not Goodbye

     Today is the day. At 2 pm, my DTS, along with the GMC DTS, will be graduating. Our amazing, life changing time here is over. Tonight, I will be gone. Last night was my final night sleeping in this bottom bunk just inside the door of the 2nd girls dorm, Bhutan. After today, I won't be in Madison anymore. My 6 months is up, and it is time to go home now.
     My first instinct when I woke up this morning was to cry. I don't cry. But it was my last time waking up here, across from LaShanda and Christine and with Anna on the bunk above me. After today, LaShanda will be back in Michigan, Christine will be in California, and Anna will be in Brazil for a couple weeks before moving to Japan. Everyone is scattering around the world. Already Laura is home in Mississippi and Annika is in Mexico, doing a school of Worship in Cancun. Which is being led by some people that I know from my time there. 
     I cant believe DTS is over. Back in September, when I left, I didn't want to come. I wanted to stay at home and go to school. But God had a wayyyyy better plan for me. So now I have to trust that He still has the best plan for me. I'll miss this crazy family of mine incredibly much, but I know that this is not goodbye. It is "until next time" (we have learned that in YWAM, that is actually incredibly true). It will never be the same again, but I know that my time living in community with these people was incredible. I wouldn't change it for anything. And God is going to take each and every one of the 48 people living in this building and bring them amazing places. I'm so excited to hear what God does with them and where He takes them!
     So YWAM Madison DTS 2014-2015, thank you for the incredible past 6 months!
     And home, I'm excited to see y'all! But please excuse any crying I may do during the next few weeks (yes, weeks. It takes a long time to recover from being separated from people you've just been transformed alongside!)!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment