Monday, March 9, 2015

The End is in Sight

     So. Its crazy. A week from today, I will be home again. Back in Canada. DTS will be over.
     Yesterday we finished the stateside portion of outreach. My team and I are currently in western Illinois, where we had our final event last night. We then were split up and went to different homes for the night. All the other students went to Britta's house, since it was her and Ethel's church. Eth slept at her mom's place, and Kenzie and I spent the night at the home of a lovely little family who Kenzie stayed with on stateside 2 years ago. And now we are here alone in their house, waiting for Eth to pick us up to go home.
     Tomorrow through Friday, we have a financial seminar. And then on Saturday, at 2pm, we have our DTS graduation. Discipleship Training School will officially be complete. The six months in Wisconsin will be done. It went so fast!
     To be honest, up until 2 days ago, I was dreading March 14. I didn't want DTS to be over. I love my new family here! I miss everyone back home, of course, but I know that I will see them again. These people, my YWAM family, I don't know if I will see again in this life. We just shared a lot of experiences over the past 6 months, and it will be hard to say goodbye.
     But then yesterday, we went to a more traditional church. We sang an old hymn. And I suddenly wished I was back home at the GCRC. And then as we were driving out of Chicago, where our first event of the day was, to drive here, we passed by 2 signs. One that directed you to Wisconsin, and one that directed you to Indiana. I wanted to go on the Indiana one, because suddenly I really wanted to go home.
     God is good, y'all! He made me ready for home just at the right time!
     See you all soon!!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment