Sunday, September 21, 2014

....We Have Chickens!

     I have arrived at my training center! My time with YWAM has officially begun!
     Yesterday morning, my mom, dad, and I left home at about 7:30. On the way to the border, we stopped in Strathroy to visit my Opa, and then we popped in at Kyle's place before crossing. We got over the border with no problems, and then we drove. And drove. And drove. And drove.
     We stayed overnight in Beloit, Wisconsin (I think), and this morning, we arrived here at the training center outside of Madison, Wisconsin. It is located in the middle of nowhere. Literally, we are surrounded by corn fields! And guess what! We have chickens! I believe there are 10 of them... I already went out to go see them.
     A few of the other students arrived yesterday, but I was still one of the first to get here. My parents helped me unpack, and then we said our goodbyes. Everyone who contributed to the book of cards my mom gave me, thank you! I'm very excited to read it all :)
     This afternoon, I spent just hanging out with my fellow students as well as the leaders. I am so excited to get to know these people better as time goes on! Already I feel like I am connecting with some of the other girls, which is great!
     Later tonight, we will get to know each other as a big group, and tomorrow we begin to learn more about what we will be doing. It should be a good day!
     So yeah, I'm here, I'm having fun, and I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me here!
     Blessings,
          Katie
Ps. Tell Sarah that I've had people tell me how CUTE Fluffy is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment