Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Beginning

     If you had asked me in September 2013 what I would be doing a year from then, I would never have said moving to Wisconsin, USA. And when I say never, I mean never ever. It wasn’t even on my radar.
     But as winter passed and my graduation from college loomed closer, I began to think more and more about the future and what I wanted to do after graduation. When YWAM’s Children at Risk DTS caught my attention, I was interested but didn’t really think I would actually go. It was far away. I like to be at home.
     However, God works in mysterious ways. And I felt called to participate in this DTS. So, here I am, heading for Wisconsin for training.
     A DTS is a Discipleship Training School, which a program that YWAM runs. Basically, I will be spending 3 months in Madison, Wisconsin, receiving training for the outreach that I will later participate in. After Christmas, I will be sent out on the outreach phase of the DTS. Where I will be headed I do not know yet.  While I am on this journey, I hope to keep you up to date on what I am doing through this blog. 
     If you would like more information on the Children at Risk DTS, you can read about it here http://www.ywammadison.org/dts/kids-at-risk/
     As I was trying to come up with a name for this blog, I discussed ideas with some of my friends. There were some interesting options, but I ended up choosing Walking By Faith because of 2 Corinthians 5:7, which says "For we live by faith, not by sight." I am taking this journey standing on my faith that this is where God is calling me to go. 
     As I begin this time of my life, and throughout this experience, I would greatly appreciate your prayers!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment