Saturday, November 18, 2017

Deadly Proof

This past month, I had the opportunity to read a novel called Deadly Proof, written by Rachel Dylan. The story line of this book as that lawyer Kate Sullivan is the lead counsel on a case against a large, powerful pharmaceutical company. When a lead witness is killed and Kate begins to receive threats, former Army Ranger Landon James begins to handle her security.
If I’m being completely honest, this wasn’t my favourite book. It wasn’t bad, necessarily, it just wasn’t that good. I felt like it was a bit stilted and subtly choppy. The characters never really became real to me, and I honestly didn’t feel that much emotion towards any of them. I didn’t feel invested in Kate’s and Landon’s relationship, or even really in them as individuals.
That being said, the author clearly knows the legal world. I felt that the details about the case and law procedures were accurate, and I even fell like I understand more about how the legal system works now.
I also have to say that the plot itself was also good. It was an interesting premise for a book, I just wasn’t personally a fan of how it was executed. There were a couple of ‘plot twists’, but even most of those I saw coming long before it was revealed.
I’m honestly torn about what to tell you. I feel like this review is rather negative, but the book wasn’t really that bad. Like I said, it just wasn’t good. I probably won’t be reading the book again, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t read it. I guess I can say that it is a book to read if you have nothing else to read.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment