Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Simple Obedience

     Last year around this time, rather than sitting in cold (though really not as cold as it could be) Wisconsin, I was in Mexico. It was an amazing time of my life, one that I will never forget! And I saw God work so much during my time in Mexico.
     My time there ended in Mazatlan, on the western coast of Mexico, doing evangelism at the Carnival (their Mardi Gras party, and one of the largest parties in the world. It is full of drinking and drugs and human trafficking).
     Carnival was really really hard for me, but I also saw God do amazing things while we were there. Like when we prayed for that man in the Mexican Mafia, who was about to kill a family before he called us over to pray for him. Another thing that I saw God do was heal. He healed a lot of people during that week, including a man called Roberto, who had a bad back (here is a link to my post about that, if you want to know that story http://ktwalkingbyfaith.blogspot.com/2015/02/our-god-is-greater.html).
     Well, Carnival 2016 has just come to a close, and the YWAM base in Mazatlan again did this outreach (they do it every year, and have to many years now). I have some friends on Facebook from my time there, including a man who isn't in YWAM, but who takes time off of his job every year in order to participate in the Carnival outreach. And whenever he prays for someone (and he is fearless when it comes to evangelism and prayer, and he hears God very well!) he will take a picture with them and post it, talking about what God did. He was in the group of us last year who prayed for Roberto. He was actually the one who God told to find him, the "man with the big mustache".
     This morning, Jeff posted a couple more pictures, including one of Roberto. He wrote that he was able to see this man from last year again. His back is still fine, and his business has grown. And as soon as he saw Jeff, his face lit up. It has been a year, but he did not forget the face of one of the people who obeyed God and prayed for him. He is still praising God for what he did last year, still giving Jesus the glory.
     It was so awesome to see that post, and to know that the people that God touched last year, either using me or others, still praise God for it. Its the legacy of Jesus, and through simple obedience, lives can be touched and changed forever!
     And it is in simple obedience that I want to continue living my life.
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment