Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Love Story

     "God wrote, 'I love you' -he wrote it in the sky, and on the earth, and under the sea. He wrote his message everywhere! Because God created everything in his world to reflect him like a mirror- to show us what he is like, to help us know him, to make our hearts sing... ....And God put it into words, too, and wrote it in a book called 'The Bible.'" (The Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones, pg 12).
     Last Saturday, I stopped by the Family Christian Bookstore and bought something that I have wanted for awhile. It is an incredible book. I absolutely love it. I read it every morning during my quiet time, and I am always amazed by the time I finish reading. Even though I have read all the stories before, this book helps me see them in a different light.
     You see, I bought the Jesus Storybook Bible. Yes, the age on the back of the book is 4+. But guys... this Bible is amazing! I run a preschool and I do use it there, but I did not buy it for the kids. I bought it for myself.
     This Bible is written in a way that shows how the Bible is truly a love story. It continuously goes back to God and His love for us. For His desire for relationship with us. It shows hope and it shows who God truly is- a good, good Father.
     Just the introduction thrills me "Now some people think the Bible is a book of rules, telling you what you should and shouldn't do... Other people think the Bible is a book of heroes... No, the Bible isn't a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a Story. It's an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It's a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne -everything- to rescue the one he loves. It's like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life!" (The Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones, pg 14,15,17).
     Isn't that an incredible description of what the Bible is?! Because it's true. It is a story of God seeking after His lost treasure. That's what we are to Him, you know. Precious treasures. How cool is that?!
     When God created Adam and Eve, this is how The Jesus Storybook Bible describes it: "And when God saw them, he was like a new dad. 'You look like me,' he said. 'You're the most beautiful thing I've ever made!' God loved them with all of his heart. And they were lovely because he loved them... God loved his children. He would move heaven and earth to be near them. Always. Whatever happened, whatever it cost him, he would always love them." (The Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones, pg 26,27).
     God loves us. This was a major thing that I learned last year during DTS. That God loves me. I mean, I knew that. I have been taught that my whole life. But it really wasn't something I believed fully. It was head knowledge, not heart knowledge. Over the past year, God has really shown me that He really does love me so so much. He has helped me transition from knowing that with my head to knowing that with my heart. And it still amazes me, every day! I am God's beloved, precious daughter! Its so incredibly amazing, so wonderful, so indescribably awesome!
     So if you want to go back to the roots of what the Bible is, and who God is, try reading this child's Bible. Because it truly reminds me in every story about God's love for us.
     It was the best $17.92 I have ever spent!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment