Monday, October 12, 2015

Thanksgiving is Here (even if Americans don't think so)!

     Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Here I am, my second thanksgiving away from home. I'm sad to be missing the holiday with y'all! I miss you guys :)
     But even though I am in America, where they weirdly have Thanksgiving at the end of November (I know, what even is that?!), I can still be thankful! So here is just a few of the things that I am thankful for!
    I am thankful for my YWAM family here in Madison. The people here -the ones I knew before coming back to staff and the ones I have met since then- are absolutely amazing. We have a great community here, and I am blessed to be a part of it. I know that some of the friends I have made here will be lifelong friends, and I am so thankful that God has called me to this place, even if it is only for a short season.
     I am thankful for my family back home- don't think that I have forgotten about you! I love and miss you all! I really have been blessed by my family. You are supportive of my work, because you know that even though I am far away, I am doing what God has called me to do.
     I am thankful for my friends. I really have some terrific friends and I am so glad that I know you! I really love my friends, both here in Madison and back home :)
     I am thankful for my preschoolers. They are a great bunch. I love them. They are so cute and while it is my job to minister to them, they also minister to me (without even realizing it). I'm so glad that I listened to God and accepted the challenge of starting this preschool!
     I am thankful for God's provision. I have so much. I have a bed to sleep in, inside. I have more than enough food. I have so much, and I truly have been blessed.
     I am thankful for my car. Without my car, I wouldn't be able to live out at the TC. I wouldn't be able to do so much of what I do here, and so having my car is a huge blessing!
     I am thankful for creativity. This is something that I've really been thinking about a lot lately. So many people here are artistic, and it is awesome to see them reflect God through this -cause God is creative, and He made us like Him! I think that creativity is something God has placed in all of us, because I believe it is close to His heart. Even those of us who are not very artistic (cough, me!) can be creative and it blesses and delights God when we do! I tend to be creative through colouring, cross stitch, and writing, but that's just me :)
     I am thankful for Canada. Living away from Canada, as a Canadian, I really learn to appreciate my country. We have Timmies and beautiful landscapes, and we have people who use Celsius instead of Fahrenheit (trust me, that is something that is a continual challenge!). Canada has Swedish berries and fuzzy peaches and real Smarties. We have All Dressed chips and Frnech Vanilla cream that doesn't taste like sour milk. Canada has a lot that America does not have, and I miss it! In all seriousness, I love Canada.
     I am thankful for babies. Need I say more???!
     Most of all, I am thankful for God and my relationship with Him. He is so committed to me. He loves me so much. He is my God, my Father, my best friend. I can talk to Him about anything. I can ask Him hard questions and He won't be offended. Nothing I do or don't do can ever affect His love for me. He is the God of the universe, yet He wants a relationship with me. I have grown so much in my relationship with Him in this past year, and I am so thankful for that. And I'm thankful that I won't stay in this place, either, but that I will continue to grow in relationship with God, and that He will continue to take me deeper and deeper in intimacy with Him.
     God is amazing, guys! Relationship with Him is the absolute best! He isn't some distant God, He is right here with us! You can talk to Him and He talks back! The creator of the universe, the King of Kings, speaks to us and seeks relationship with us and delights in us. Its truly amazing. You should check out this video we watched in class today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgzXXKjaPZA).
     So yeah, that is just a few things that I am thankful... I could go on and on, but I know you all have lives to live apart from reading this blog :)
     I love you all! And I'm thankful for each and every one of you, even if I don't know you that well. Thank you for caring about what I am doing, and for supporting me through prayer :)
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment