Friday, October 16, 2020

Relocation

     Tomorrow, Raymond and I will have been married for 7 weeks. Seven weeks! Already! 

     It has been a crazy, wonderful, and comfortable seven weeks. Comfortable. It's a strange word to use, considering how much change has happened, and how little I like change. Yet that's exactly what it has been!

     After our relaxing honeymoon at a rented cottage, Raymond and I spent a week saying goodbye and packing up before we headed out for the long drive across the country. I've never driven through northern Ontario, Manitoba, or Saskatchewan before, but it was an incredible drive. Northern Ontario is beautiful! Ontario is huge -the halfway point of our drive was STILL in Ontario- but beautiful!

     We arrived in Edmonton after four long days of driving, and after a week of settling in, Raymond went back to work and I officially went on the job hunt. My days are spent at home, unpacking, reorganizing, and applying for jobs.

     And then, my Opa died. It didn't come from out of the blue -he's been going downhill for the last year and a half- but it was still sad. I flew home for the funeral, and spent Thanksgiving with my family in Ontario. 

     But not with Raymond. He stayed here in Edmonton while I was in Ontario. We were only apart for nine days -which, considering we were a long distance couple, is nothing!- but it was so so hard. I missed him so much. He struggled with some "phantom limbs" from his divorce. We talked briefly on the phone most days, but it was a strange week. Good, because I got to spend time with my family and my cat, but hard because I missed my husband.

     Ultimately, that week back in Ontario was really a blessing when it came to my adjustment to moving to Edmonton. Being back at my parent's house, I realized that it really isn't home anymore. Home is Edmonton, because that is where Raymond is. And as cheesy as it sounds, home is where Raymond is. 

     I love that man so much. 

     God is very good.

     Blessings,

          Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment