Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Dangerous Legacy

This month, I read a novel called A Dangerous Legacy by Elizabeth Camden. As soon as I saw the book as an option to review, I knew I wanted to read it. Elizabeth Camden is, in my opinion, an excellent author. 
This book was about Lucy Drake, who works as a telegraph operator for the Associated Press news agency. Lucy and her brother are involved in an ongoing legal battle with their wealthy uncle, a court case that began forty years earlier with their grandfather. When Sir Colin Beckwith arrives from England, Lucy finds an unexpected ally when he discovers her secret, and she his. 
From the beginning, this book drew me in. I wanted to know more about what had happened, and of course how it would end. Camden once again wrote an engaging story with realistic and lovable characters. I found it hard to put the book down and could have devoured it in one sitting if I had the time to do so.
At first, I wasn't sure how I would enjoy the story, since it seemed to deeply encircle Morse code, which I know very little about and honestly am not interested in. However, while telegraphs and Morse code and the media industry of that time were certainly major aspects of the book, I found that Camden had (I believe) done her research, and she well explained it in a way that made it interesting.
So, if you are searching for an engaging read, how about trying A Dangerous Legacy! 
***Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.***

No comments:

Post a Comment