Friday, August 21, 2015

Be Careful What You Google

     Tonight, we had a big anniversary celebration dinner here at YWAM Madison. It's something they do every year, to reflect back on the year that passed and see how God moved and blessed. And YWAM Madison has seen a LOT of growth in the past year, so it's pretty great! God is good!
     As we were sitting there, listening to people's testimonies of God's faithfulness through the past twelve months, I started thinking: how on earth did I get here??
     Yes, smart ones, I drove my car. But seriously, how did I end up being a YWAMer?? I mean, I had heard of it, but joining YWAM had never once entered my mind.
     Then, a year and a half ago, I was halfway through my final semester of college. I had to start thinking about what I would do next, and I thought about volunteering in an orphanage. That is something I've wanted to do since I was about 12 years old (and, by the way, I did get to do that in Mexico!), but I never knew how to. Then I thought of YWAM and on a whim, Googled 'YWAM children'. Not 'YWAM orphanages', but children. My DTS focus came up and now, here I am on staff.
     I literally am here, a doing missions the way I always wanted to, because I Googled something on a whim.
     Okay, I mean, of course I'm really here because of God and His plan for my life and Him telling me to and all, but it still amazes me that the way He orchestrated this began with me GOOGLING something.
     God is so awesome, guys! I love it! I am SO BLESSED!
     Be careful what you google, y'all ;) But not really cause trust me, I wouldn't want my life any other way. God's plan is always the best! Even if it scares the crap out of you!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment