Monday, November 24, 2014

Outreach

     As we come closer and closer to the time when we head out for outreach, we are beginning to think about funding for it. Outreach will cost probably between 3 and 4 thousand USD per person.
     So, what we are doing is having a local outreach on December 5. We are going to go downtown to the University of Madison campus and there, we will be handing out free cups of hot chocolate. Our goal is to hand out 1,000 cups. They have done this event in the past, and never have they not reached their goal. 
     The way that this helps us with outreach is we are asking you if you would be willing to sponsor this event. Anything you want to donate would go to helping my pay for my outreach to Mexico. One way you can donate is by pledging a certain amount per cup. A pledge of 1 cent per cup would come to a total donation of $10 for my outreach. 2 cents would come to $20, 10 cents per cup would total at $100. 
     Any way you could support me financially would be awesome, if you would like to donate. But even if you cannot support me that way, I would really appreciate your continued support through prayer! We are really excited for Mexico, and we know that it is going to be a pretty intense time. During a time of intercession over the Mexico outreach, God really communicated how important it will be for us to walk in the opposite spirit. So your prayers are another really awesome way that you can support me!
     If you do want to support me financially, either by sponsoring the hot chocolate event or just giving me a donation, please just let me know through email (katieroest92@gmail.com). After thanksgiving break, we are hoping to buy the plane tickets to Mexico, so they are asking us to have at least $500 in our outreach account by then.
     Thank you all for just supporting me and what I am doing here! I really appreciate all of you! And goodness, do I miss everyone at home! I can't wait to see you all!
     Blessings,
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment